Please ensure you understand and have read the rules of the True Believers Comic Awards before you nominate.
- The True Believers Comic Awards consists of two stages: nominating with the top five nominees in each category moving forward to the voting round. The nomination stage opens from the 18th April 2014. The Voting stage will follow soon after nominating closes, the date that voting starts will be published on this site soon.
- Only material published during 2013 is eligible for the 2014 awards; it must bear a 2013 cover date and/or copyright.
- Categories specifying American, British or European titles relate to the COUNTRY of publication not the nationality of the creator(s) involved.
- We encourage candidates to publicise the awards but blatant lobbying via personal websites and social media platforms could lead to a candidates disqualification. All nominations received will be thoroughly checked prior to the finalists being announced for the voting stage.
- Ballot stuffers also run the risk that those they nominate will be disqualified.
- There is no requirement to nominate/vote in every category.
- Previous inductees to the Roll of Honour are not eligible for nomination in that category
- Nominating/voting is open to everyone in all categories with the exception of The Stan Lee Man of the Year award, which can only be voted on by accredited comics professionals.
- Previous Rising Stars winners are not eligible for nomination in that category and any nominations received will not be counted.
- All nominations will be validated for eligibility.
The True Believers Comic Awards reserves the right to check all nominations for accuracy and fairness, and best determine genuine entries. Our goal is to ensure that the nomination and voting process is done to the highest level and allow for an even playing field for all involved.